Day of the dragons is kicking off around the world with the event already starting in Asia/Oceania regions. Heres some feedback from the event so far.
- Spawn rates are pretty high, it’s very achievable to get 100+ dragons in the 3 hours. Be sure to use a brain elixir BEFORE you engage your first dragon as it gives a nice first return bonus.
- Both dragons will spawn but your guest dragon will spawn more (around double the local).
- Flagged zones were switched off for the 3 hours of the event. So you can hunt effectively in areas with flags.
- Dark Detectors can spawn dragons but don’t do so in large quantities, so it’s better to keep moving between spawn areas than camp in one area with Dark Detectors, with one exception…
- IMPORTANT: Dark Detectors placed during the three hours can spawn dragons for their full duration, even if that duration extends past event end. So for maximum dragons set your Dark Detectors up just before the event period finishes and then camp on the Dark Detectors for a bonus hour. (Thanks to camshy for the info!)
- Dragons can be spawned by the new trace detection potion.
- Dragon Egg Portmanteaus will NOT spawn during the event. No word on when/if they’ll return.
- Dragon Family XP and Wizarding XP are as per usual for Severe and Emergency traces.
- The Chinese Fireball has 165 stamina. The Opaleye in Asia/Oceania had slightly more, the other two will likely be in the same ballpark.
- The Dragons are tricky to target and like to attack multiple times in a row. But they do very little damage.
Thanks to @Ozeagle for providing this great set of tips
What is the day of the dragons?
Day of the dragons is a community day event where Dragons are introduced to the game. These were unlocked by users at the Wizards Unite Fan Festival returning 150,000 Dragon Oddities.
- Asia-Pacific: from 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. AEST (UTC +10)
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India: from 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC
- Americas and Greenland: from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PDT (UTC -7)
|Region||Native Dragon||Day of the Dragons|
|Asia, the Middle East, and India||Chinese Fireball||Antipodean Opaleye|
|Oceania||Antipodean Opaleye||Chinese Fireball|
|Europe and Africa||Common Welsh Green||Chinese Fireball|
|The Americas and Greenland||Peruvian Vipertooth||Chinese Fireball|
Free store bundle
During the event, a free store bundle will be available. This contains the following
- 10 Scrolls
- 5 Spell Books
- 25 Spell Energy