A new Wizards Unite version has been pushed live including a look at the new dragons and bringing lots of quality of life improvements to Wizards Unite.
A version for Android Wizards Unite 2.3.1 was released which we assume is working to fix the black screen/game crash bug with animated stickers. Did this fix this for you? Let us know.
General Quality Of Life Changes
- Fragment Counter added to encounters.
- Fleeing an encounter no longer requires confirmation.
- Disable screen sleeping mode added to settings.
- Certain foundables now have AR Photo Mode enabled.
New Foundables and Oddities
New Foundables and Oddities have been added to the game. These include the dragons which are coming – These aren’t available in the game just yet but can be seen here.
These dragons eggs are named and described as follows.
- Chinese Fireball Egg – The egg of the Chinese Fireball dragon is vivid red speckled with gold, and the shells are much prized in Chinese wizardry – Return to Zhangjiajie, China
- Antipodean Opaleye Egg – Stony grey in colour, the egg of the Antipodean Opaleye dragon is sometimes mistaken by Muggles for a fossil – Return to Taupo Volcanic Zone, New Zealand
- Peruvian Vipertooth Egg – The egg of the Peruvian Vipertooth dragon is blue in colour, beautifully contrasted against the mother’s copper scales – Return to Ucayali, Peru
- Common Welsh Green Egg – Brown with green speckles, the egg of the Common Welsh Green can be found in the dragons’ mountain nesting grounds – Return to Brecon Beacons mountain range, Wales
The dragons are named and described as follows.
- Chinese Fireball – Sometimes known as the Liondragon, the Chinese Fireball is highly aggressive and considers humans to be a favourite food source. Despite its ferocity, it is more tolerant than other dragon species, sometimes sharing its territory with one or two others
- Antipodean Opaleye – The Antipodean Opaleye is so named for its multi-hued, pupil-less eyes and shimmering scales. The New Zealand native dragon uncommonly prefers valleys to mountains and exhibits little aggression toward humans
- Peruvian Vipertooth – The smallest and swiftest of the dragon species, the Peruvian Vipertooth has short horns and venomous fangs used to subdue its prey. It is especially aggressive toward humans, which it considers part of its preferred diet alongside goats and cows
- Common Welsh Green – Among the least troublesome of the dragon species, the Welsh Green nests in remote, mountainous areas far from human populations. However, the Ilfracombe Incident of 1932, in which a lone Welsh Green panicked a group of Muggle sunbathers, proves that even relatively docile dragons require careful management
Upgrades/Changes to Photo Mode
- New photo filters have been added.
- You can now take AR photos of any encounters if you have collected at least 1 fragment towards that foundable.
Ministry ID changes
- You can now find your total Wizarding XP on the Ministry page by tapping your level.
- Tap on your Wizarding Achievements to see how you received the achievement.
Various Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue with the Dancing with Dummies Auror skill
- [Beta players] Resolved an issue that kept beta players from receiving the Redacted Report and London 5 Transcript Mystery Foundables
- The “Download All Assets” feature in Settings may occasionally fail before completing the full download. Restarting the app and retrying “Download All Assets” will pick up from where the download left off.
- App may become unstable on iPhone 5S devices
- Player may receive an error if they attempt to add an emoji to their Codename or to their First/Last Name (Ministry ID name)
- Players may receive a message that there isn’t enough space on their device to “Download All Assets”, even if there’s adequate space available on their device.
- Players may see the “Network Error” message at various points during gameplay. Checking your network conditions and restarting the app should help resolve this issue.
- Players can experience an infinite black screen when they complete the Master Notes of the potion, then finish brewing the potion using the Finish Now option.
- Recipes may be badged (red dot) when there are no new Recipes to view
- Rental Cauldron pop-up may become unresponsive if players rent a cauldron, then attempt to brew a potion with a longer brew time than the time left on the Rental Cauldron
- Players may become stuck in the Potions Tutorial if they tap the ladle before the Tutorial sequence reaches the Master Notes section
- Potion Brewing Queue slots may disappear after collecting a Potion and immediately attempting to brew another Potion. Exiting the Potions section fixes this issue.
- Foes may appear to receive Stamina or have negative Stamina after being attacked or defeated
- Recommended Grade for Chambers may be displayed in red text if the player’s Grade is equal to the recommended Grade
- Players may receive a black screen when switching from the app in Gallery Mode, to take a photo from the device’s camera roll, then going back to the app
- Players may not see Lenses, Filters, Stickers, and Frames they’ve chosen previously on their Last Portrait when first tapping the Last Portrait in the Portrait section. When players tap it again, they should see the Last Portrait with all chosen items included.
- Players may get an error if they leave the app while uploading an image from the Gallery to their Ministry ID Portrait
- Player’s Portrait may become inverted if they try to take a photo in Ministry ID