This update was released on June 15th as the 2.0.0 update. Some of the findings below are now active in the game. Due to this, some of the statements in this article mention that features are “coming” when they are actually now released.
Today the Wizards Unite team pushed an over the air update to the game data which brings a huge number of changes. Readying the game for worldwide launch. We see the addition of new features and changes to existing features. Get ready to jump in because this is a huge one.
As always we dig deeper into updates with our data mine to see what else has been added below the hood. This reveals a lot of changes. Heres what we found.
This article will be constantly updated as we find more information. So make sure you keep checking back.
Changes to Greenhouses
Greenhouses are going to be more useful with “Communal Pots” these allow you to plant Ingredient Seeds that grow into harvestable Potion Ingredients
- Pots are communal, so anyone in the vicinity of a Greenhouse can use an empty Pot to grow a plant.
- After you select a Pot, choose a plant to grow. Every plant requires an amount of Ingredient Seeds, Water, and time to grow.
- Your plant requires an amount of time to grow. While you wait, you can cast Herbivicus to increase the amount of Potion Ingredients the plant will produce. Anyone in the vicinity can help your plant grow and increase its yield.
- When your plant has finished growing, the Potion Ingredients it produces will sprout on the Map for a limited time. You must return to the Greenhouse location where you planted in order to harvest. Everyone in the vicinity will also be able to collect the full yield from your plant, so growing in Greenhouses benefits all!
A friends feature is coming. The game data points towards adding friends via a friend code. You will earn rewards for being friends and can send your friends gifts and complete wizarding challenges together. You can also connect your Facebook to add friends from Facebook.
Friends provide social benefits, such as bonus Wizarding XP and Wizarding Challenge XP when you engage in Wizarding Challenges together.
“In the course of your efforts to contain the Calamity, you’re sure to encounter other witches and wizards of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force. When you add them to your Friends List and work together, you’ll earn social benefits. The more Friends you have, the better the rewards!”
Exchange Friend Codes to add each other to your Friends Lists. Once you’re Friends, you’ll be able to see each other’s Code Names and recent activity.
Meet up at a Fortress and engage in a Wizarding Challenge together to earn bonus Wizarding XP and Wizarding Challenge XP!
A new special assignment has been added to the game data with the header “SOS Assignments”
“Work with Constance Pickering in an expanded role within the Statute of Secrecy Task Force. These SOS Investigation Assignments are not just about containing the Calamity, but helping the Ministry to better understand it.”
We’re seeing a number of references to the partners of the game. The one we are seeing currently included is EE Mobile UK which we discussed in another article.
These partnerships have reference to QR codes which you must scan to redeem an “Assignment” these are limited to how many wizards can redeem each assignment.
We expect to see these QR codes popping up at sponsored EE locations which you must go to and scan to gain access to special assignments in the game. This is a good way to make sure spoofers cannot spoof to partnered locations and gain access to the special assignments.
A whole bunch of new Wizarding Achievements were added which you can display on your profile. Heres the badges you can earn.
Two New Foundables
This game data update brings the addition of two new foundables to the game.
London Five Transcript
- Collection family: Chapter 1 (Mysteries)
- Page: Grim Fawley – Motives
- Return location: Your Notebook
Description: Transcript of the Public Hearing given by the Ministry to discuss a motion to terminate the London Five investigation. Grim Fawley gives a stirring monologue urging the Ministry to keep the investigation open.
- Collection family: Chapter 1 (Mysteries)
- Page: Grim Fawley – Ministry Record
- Return location: Your Notebook
Description: Highly redacted official incident report. A thorough reading of the report shows that Grim Fawley appears to have come to the rescue of Ministry Watchwizard Eric Munch in the Department of Mysteries’ Brain Room.
New Foundable Encounters
New foundable encounters have been added. All of these were referenced in the data the same way the Brilliant foundables were except for the “Kingsley” foundable.
- Albus Dumbledore
- Kingsley Shacklebolt
- Sirius Black
- Sorting Hat
- Gryffindor Student
- Hufflepuff Student
- Ravenclaw Student
- Slytherin Student
Some encounters were also removed. While these may have not actually appeared in the game they have now been removed completely from the game data
- Godric Gryffindor
- Helga Hufflepuff
- Rowena Ravenclaw
- Salazar Slytherin
New Passport Titles
A whole bunch of passport titles are now available. These are locked and must be unlocked by completing a task to be displayed on your Wizard Passport. Here are some of the tasks we believe we have worked out.
Note: it seems you currently cannot unlock these titles. We expect these to be unlockable soon.
- Accomplished Auror – Complete 1 Auror book
- Elixir Enthusiast – Brew 1 Elixir potion
- Challenge Champion – Win 1 challenge
- Detector Distributor – Place 2 dark detectors
- Eliminator of Elites – Defeat 2 elite foes
- S.O.S. Ambassador – Encounter foundables in 3 countries
- Chamber Challenger – Defeat 2 foes in a challenge
- Herbaceous Harvester – Loot 3 Greenhouses
- Diligent Diner – Loot 3 Inns
- Wizarding Wanderer – Walk 2 kilometres
- Masterful Magizoologist – Complete 1 Magizoologist book
- Apprentice Apothecary – Pick up 2 ingredients from the map
- Strategic Spellcaster – Cast 1 spell
- Superior Spellcaster – Cast 1 Masterful spell
- Calamity Investigator – Find 1 mystery item
- Portkey Passenger – Open 2 portkeys
- Practiced Potioneer – Brew 1 potion
- Proficient Professor – Complete 1 Professor book
- Advance Guard – Reach level 3
- Helpful Herbologist – Plant 3 seeds
- Accomplished Archivist – Place 3 stickers
Changes to Fortress Multipliers
Multipliers for players in fortresses have been changed. The fewer players in a fortress battle the higher the reward multiplier. These were all set at 1.0 previously.
Tower Chamber II
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.09
Tower Chamber III
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.16
Tower Chamber IV
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.23
Tower Chamber V
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.3
Forest Chamber I
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.37
Forest Chamber II
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.44
- 2 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.1
Forest Chamber III
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.51
- 2 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.15
Forest Chamber IV
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.58
- 2 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.2
Forest Chamber V
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.65
- 2 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.25
Dark Chamber I
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.72
- 2 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.3
- 3 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.33
Dark Chamber II
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.79
- 2 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.35
- 3 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.35
Dark Chamber III
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.86
- 2 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.4
- 3 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.37
Dark Chamber IV
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.92
- 2 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.45
- 3 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.44
- 4 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.15
Dark Chamber V
- 1 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 2.0
- 2 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.5
- 3 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.5
- 4 player multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.25
Changes to Ingredient Rewards
Some tweaks to how many ingredients you obtain when you come accross them on the map.
|Ingredient||Old Value||New Value|
|Ground Scarab Beetles||3||5|
|Hermit Crab Shell||3||1|
|Powdered Dragon Claw||2||1|
Some new ingredients have been added. This can be obtained by finding them on the map or Greenhouses. These are to be used with the new greenhouses to grow ingredients in the communal pots.
- Alihotsy Seed
- Angel’s Trumpet Seed
- Baneberry Seed
- Bitterroot Seed
- Flitterbloom Seed
- Ginger Seed
- Leaping Toadstool Spore
- Lovage Seed
- Peppermint Seed
- Scurvygrass Seed
- Sneezewort Seed
- Snowdrop Seed
- Sopophorous Bean Seed
- Valerian Seed
- Wolfsbane Seed
- Wormwood Seed
Changes to the vault including new tabs. We see an addition of the “Seeds and Water” tab. This tab is where users will be able to store seeds and water to be used in the new greenhouses to grow potion ingredients.
Changes to Potion Recipes
Potion recipes and level they unlock at have been slightly tweaked.
Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
- Frog Brain: 2 -> 1
- Runespoor Eggs: 2 -> 1
- Powdered Dragon Claw: 3 -> 1
- Sopophorous Bean: 2 -> 1
- Unlock level: 17 -> 10
Strong Exstimulo Potion
- Snow Drop: 1 -> 2
- Re’em Blood: 2 -> 1
- Time to craft: 2 hrs -> 6 hrs
Potent Exstimulo Potion
- Bitterroot: 3 -> 2
- Snow Drop: 4 -> 2
- Re’em Blood: 3 -> 2
- Unicorn Hair: 2 -> 1
- Time to craft: 6 hrs -> 8 hrs
- Unlock level: 10 -> 9
- Time to craft: 1 hr -> 2 hrs
- Time to craft: 1 hr -> 3 hrs
- Lovage: 1 -> 2
- Time to craft: 1 hr -> 4 hrs
Strong Invigoration Draught
- Time to craft: 2 hrs -> 8 hrs
- Time to craft: 2 hrs -> 4 hrs
- Unlock level: 22 -> 15
Lots more Wizarding Portrait stickers and frames. Lots of unlock requirements added for these. We’re not going to detail all of these as there are too many to go through.
Additions to the Diagon Alley Store
Lots of new additions to the store. Including the ability to buy capacity to store seeds which will be used in the new Greenhouses. Some new packs for buying coins have also been added.
Wow… That was a massive update. If you’re looking to use any of our research in YouTube videos etc you’re welcome. Just please give us a link back 🙂
A big thanks to Virodoran from our discord for help digging through this massive update.
All data in this article was sourced from the game by the Wizards Unite team and members of our discord community. No information was provided directly by the Harry Potter Wizards Unite team. Information in this article may change or be incorrect.